Parent Teacher Organization
Volunteering on the Parent Teacher Organizatio
n (PTO) is an invaluable way to support the quality educational experience at Black Butte School by volunteering, raising funds, engaging the community, and helping with special projects. All families and interested community members are welcomed and encouraged to participate! If you are interested please contact PTO president, Jane Petke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PTO serves four main purposes:
1) Raise funds: supports school field trips, teacher appreciation gifts, extras to enrich the classroom and school experience (ex. pizza parties, end of the year BBQ, etc), and additional needs not included in the school budget (ex. costumes and props for performances and extra classroom supplies).
- Holiday wreath sales are the biggest fundraiser of the year, typically raising $5500 for the school! (more info here).
- Boxtops for Education are collected.
- Ink cartridges are recycled.
- BBS t-shirts and sweatshirts sold (call or email to order)
2) Connect the students with the community: through events, meals, volunteer opportunities, and service projects.
- Winter and spring programs.
- Community stewardship days in the spring: raking community trails and yard work for community members in need
- Memorial Day Pancake Breakfast.
3) Volunteer in class: for special activities, school trips, parties, and as needed.
- Assist with arts enrichment classes
- Halloween Party
- Family ski day
- Set up for winter and spring programs
- End of year field day & BBQ
4) Help with Special Projects: lead and assist with special projects
- Volunteer to organize the new library
- Begin planning work for new playground equipment